ORTHO-KERATOLOGY: YOUR FREEDOM FROM GLASSES!
Ortho-K is a treatment that has been around from the 60’s and great for those who don’t want to wear glasses or contact lenses all day, every day . Contact lenses are used to reshape the cornea gently, without touching the cornea, to reduce or correct focussing problems of the eyes. This technique corrects short sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism.
Lenses are used overnight, with results in days and retainer lenses are used infrequently long-term to keep the new shape.
Make an appointment on 87659600 – you will be assessed for suitability and topographical maps of your eye’s surface will be taken with the latest equipment.
– freedom from glasses during the day
– great for sports
-great for workers in dusty, dirty environments or air-conditioned offices
– good for teens too young for laser surgery
– myopia reduction in children
– worn at night
– less irritating for hayfever sufferers
MAY BE A BETTER OPTION THAN DAILY CONTACTS:
– less risk for contact lens intolerance
– less risk for contact lens allergies
– less risk for contact lens solution toxicity
– contacts are worn only for 7-8 hours, not 16 hours as with soft contacts
– easy to insert
– no risk of losing lens
– cheaper than soft contacts long-term
Normally $1500 for the full treatment, we charge $995. Over the first year regular visits are required to assess corneal health and maintenance of good vision.